Pages

Exclusive: Life On The Sideline EP announcement, music video premiere

Since releasing Honesty Is A Dying Breed two years ago, Life On The Sideline has remained active on the road and is now ready to unveil its upcoming EP, Never Settle. To kick things off, we're premiering the music video for the band's new single, "Echo", which tells the sad story of a young girl reminiscing times spent with her deceased partner. While not a pop punk song per se, it's as catchy as one with an infectious chorus that you'll inevitably get stuck in your head. The band's sound could be compared to that of Transit's and The Early November's. Fans can pre-order the EP on iTunes and CD here, before it's released on June 7th. […]

Friday, December 28, 2012

Albums of the Year: Anchor Eighty Four Records

Cody Jones: Alright, I've got my top 10 albums of 2012. I must say, It's not only hard to pick a top ten but also remember all of the amazing records that have come out over the past year. So, not in any specific order, my top picks are... Click the Read More… link to view the list.

Heart To Heart - Heart To Heart (Anchor Eighty Four Records)
Even though I'm partial to this release, Heart To Heart completely blew me away with the level of maturity and growth they've accomplished on this album. Each and every song is truly from their heart and well thought-out. Each song is catchy and memorable and I can't wait to see what 2013 brings for these guys.

Parkway Drive - Atlas (Epitaph Records)
Parkway Drive have done it again. Another solid album that showcases their musicianship and everything that they love and bring to the table as one of today's best and heaviest bands.

As I Lay Dying - Awakened (Metal Blade Records)
I feel as though AILD didn't quite get the recognition they deserved on this release, it was a little under the radar. But nonetheless, they delivered a great album that didn't stray far from their roots and the songs that initially got me into them.

War Of Ages - Return To Life (Facedown Records)
Another awesome band that stayed true to their sound. They did it again and made a killer record full of Metalcore greatness.

Robert Raimon Roy - Le Tigre Blanc (Dim Mak, Inc.)
Rob has been a great friend of mine over the years and even performed at our DIY Eighty Four event last year. He finally, finally released his long-awaited follow-up album Le Tigre Blanc, and it rules so hard! He's a singer, poet, Hip Hop artist that includes sounds from all genres in his work. Plus, his single Dookie has one of the heaviest Metal riffs and breakdowns in it I've probably heard all year... and it's called Dookie. What's not to like? Check it out now!

Pennywise - All Or Nothing (Epitaph Records)
All Or Nothing was Pennywise's first album back with Epitaph Records and they've been one of my favorite bands since I started listening to music. Zoli did an amazing job on vocals, and this record brought me back to the first time I heard Full Circle. An amazing record from start to finish that didn't leave my car stereo for months.

Every Time I Die - Ex Lives (Epitaph Records)
I got the chance to work on this album a little bit while at Epitaph last year and Ex Lives had the same effect on me that the Pennywise record did. It was like Hot Damn came out again but was twice as good this time around. Kieth's vocals were amazing and I couldn't put this record down for almost two months. Their song Revival Mode gives me chills and Keith's vocals on it are so weird, but that's what makes it great at the same time.

The Menzingers - On The Impossible Past (Epitaph Records)
Damn! This was a band I had always seen around and listened to a few times, but when this album came through the office I was completely mesmerized. Great vocals, catchy melodies, solid musicianship and just an overall great album. Such ire melodies and lyrics, but such great tone and rhythm as well.

Further Seems Forever - Penny Black (Rise Records)
Man, I've been waiting for an album like this for a while now. A Great band that parted ways years ago and is now back on the scene in full-force, but not like every other band doing a reunion gig for cash. FSF came out with a completely new record that is solid the whole way through. I think this is what separates Further Seems Forever from other reunion bands; they wrote a completely new record and completely delivered.

We Still Dream - Therapy EP
Though Therapy isn't a full-length, this EP by Florida's We Still Dream is an amazing preview into what the band has yet to come. I liked their Eulogy debut, but I love Therapy! It's only three songs but each one has a huge sound and is miles ahead of their previous work. Therapy has stayed in rotation for me all year.

AddThis