Pages

Exclusive: Life On The Sideline EP announcement, music video premiere

Since releasing Honesty Is A Dying Breed two years ago, Life On The Sideline has remained active on the road and is now ready to unveil its upcoming EP, Never Settle. To kick things off, we're premiering the music video for the band's new single, "Echo", which tells the sad story of a young girl reminiscing times spent with her deceased partner. While not a pop punk song per se, it's as catchy as one with an infectious chorus that you'll inevitably get stuck in your head. The band's sound could be compared to that of Transit's and The Early November's. Fans can pre-order the EP on iTunes and CD here, before it's released on June 7th. […]

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Albums of the Year: Broken Rim Records

Kyle Tedesco: 2012 had a few awesome releases, and bunch of not so awesome ones. Here’s a few of my favorites in no specific order. Click the Read More… link to view the list.

Diamond - Don't Lose Your Cool EP
This was hands-down my favorite release of the year. I was not interested in checking these guys out since they’re a super group consisting of bands I don’t care for, but a friend put it on and I immediately fell in love. Reminds me of Weezer at their peak. If you’re holding off checking these guys out because you’ve seen things like “members of...”, don’t let that stop you any longer. This EP rules!

Forever Came Calling - Contender (Pure Noise Records)
Pretty straight-forward Pop Punk, lyrics that stick, memorable parts. I love this record beginning to end. Other than the three songs they recorded for the Handguns split (one of which is on this record) this is really the first thing these guys have done. I like this record a lot because the lyrics are so easy to relate to, but they’re not cheesy like most bands of the genre are. If you’re feeling jaded on Pop Punk these days, at least check these guys out.

Pentimento - Pentimento
I’ve know these guys since day one. Mike was my next door neighbor for about four years. We’ve always worked together with whatever bands he’s in. After hearing their depute EP, Wrecked, I was interested to see where the band went. I heard the full-length a few weeks ago and was completely wowed. Not a single skipper on the band's first full-length. Unless is the best song the band has ever written, so fucking good!

Mixtapes - Even On The Worst Nights (No Sleep Records)
I watched this band at Fest 11 because nobody else I wanted to see was playing and I’ve been hooked on them since. The band’s live show is so energetic and fun. I’ve been anxiously waiting for some new songs every since. This record was worth the wait. Super fun sing-along songs.

Joyce Manor - Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired (Big Scary Monsters Recording Company)
This band can do no wrong. Booger-eater Pop Punk at its best. And they do an awesome cover of Video Killed The Radio Star. My only complaint with this “full-length” is that it’s only 13 minutes long which always leaves me wanting more.

AddThis