Pages

Exclusive: Life On The Sideline EP announcement, music video premiere

Since releasing Honesty Is A Dying Breed two years ago, Life On The Sideline has remained active on the road and is now ready to unveil its upcoming EP, Never Settle. To kick things off, we're premiering the music video for the band's new single, "Echo", which tells the sad story of a young girl reminiscing times spent with her deceased partner. While not a pop punk song per se, it's as catchy as one with an infectious chorus that you'll inevitably get stuck in your head. The band's sound could be compared to that of Transit's and The Early November's. Fans can pre-order the EP on iTunes and CD here, before it's released on June 7th. […]

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Interview: Post Season

Post Season have been selected as the first part of our 52-week-long collaboration with Unbuckled Records as we launch the Tumblr page for our project. Post Season are a new band embarking on their first tour, but by no means should you let that convince you they are anything but proven road-warriors. I had a chance to catch up with Jake over the weekend and here's what I asked him. Click the Read More… to read the interview.

Real quick for anyone who might be reading, who are you and what do you do in the band Post Season?

Jake: Jake Langley, I play guitar.

Like a lot of band members, you're on social media sites a good part of the day, and to be honest I don't even understand half the stuff you say on Twitter. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Jake: Whatever medical science calls the roadblock between your brain and mouth. I lack that. So I am the same way on social networks. I pretty much just try to make myself laugh.

How important do you feel social media is to a relatively-new band trying to gain a following?

Jake: I am sure it helps a lot in trying to gain a following. I love Instagram and Twitter 'cause I can stay connected with everyone who supports my artistic endeavors.

Most of us that follow the Pop Punk scene recognize your name and face as being synonymous with the band Handguns - do you mind telling us what happened this year as to why you are no longer playing with them?

Jake: There was just a bunch of personal drama and issues among the members of the band as people. Basically shit happens when you party naked? Anyone who wants to talk to me in person or ask me about Handguns I am totally down come find me a show!

How has the transition from Handguns to Post Season been for you? What about for the other guys from Nothing To Prove?

Jake: Well upon the formation of Post Season I moved to Altoona, PA and we have been writing and working on new material and just hanging out.

Why the name Post Season?

Jake: Actually it doesn't have a meaning. I like to think of it not as a sports reference, even though I do love MLB. To me it means to persevere and press through the bullshit your dealing with in your person life is just seasonal shit. It will be okay, you will survive, the sun will always rise.

All the members of Post Season have had experience in previous touring bands, correct? Has that in turn make things easier for getting this band off the ground?

Jake: Yeah, NTP did a few runs. And I personally, through Handguns and selling Handguns CDs on the Vans Warped Tour, have been back and fourth across the country more times than I can count. I should figure that out one day.

In mid-December you guys released a 3-song EP called Restless Nights. I noticed it streaming on a few different sites. How has the response for those songs been?

Jake: Anything I answer to this will be an understatement. The reaction has been awesome! Lots of purchases off our Bandcamp.

I've noticed you guys are heading out on tour just after the new year, what can you tell me about that tour?

Jake: We are actually on it right now. Nate Bobb (ex-Handguns) is actually filling in on bass for this tour. We are doing 45 dates with The Tired And True from CT and I couldn't be happier about it. I can't wait to play these shows and hang out with people at the shows.

I've heard from dozens of people how great of a guy Kurt from The Tired And True is. How excited are you guys to be going out on such a long tour with them?

Jake: Handguns did a few tours early on with TTAT and I gotta tell you, man they are 4 of the hardest working men in Punk Rock. They also would give the shirt off their backs to help out a touring band. On this tour we are mobbin' 8-deep in TTAT's van sharing gear and sharing a drummer. Again like I said before when you take your clothing off and start partying shit is going to happen.

When you're out on tour, in the van day after day, what's that one band or song that you listen to that nobody would expect?

Jake: I love new radio Pop Country. No, not just Taylor Swift. I mean if you turn on Country radio for me I can sing you lyrics from every song.

With the release of the Restless Nights EP can we look forward to another release sometime in 2013?

Jake: We have lots more material and I am not really at liberty to talk about it at the moment. But you will have another longer EP and a LP in less time than you would have imagined.

I notice a crew neck in the Post Season webstore, when can we expect to see more merch?

Jake: Soon! I am actually trying to make enough money selling CDs on Warped this Summer to buy screen-printing gear. My father owned a screen-printing shop for a portion of my childhood. I wanna do lots of cool merch for our store. Not just shirts, hoodies, hats, and crews. Post Season is gonna have some cool out-of-the-box ideas for merch items.

While in Handguns you guys gained quite a reputation for being road-warriors by following the Warped Tour, pushing merch, and playing shows wherever you could. Can we expect to see that same mentality with this group of guys.

Jake: 200%. We are gonna rock it till the wheels fall off. Me and the rest of Post Season are going to be on the road constantly.

I remember seeing you play several times in Handguns and I remember how much playing those songs for anyone that would listen meant to you. The song Anywhere But Home used to break you down night after night - how did the days and trials of that song effect you as a person?

Jake: That song and that band I hold close to my heart. They have brought me to where I am today. If you're reading this do me a favor and forget everything I said in this interview and just listen to what I am about to say. YOLO! Yes! You only live once. Do not, I repeat, do not work a job or live a life that doesn't make you cry tears of joy when you talk about it. Life is too fucking short to hold a grudge or be in a miserable spot. Press on and push through you got this! And if no one else does, I do believe in you.


Interview by Anthony Allegra

AddThis